Friday, September 30, 2011

September's love letter

This being the last day of September it was a NOW or NEVER post decision. I'd been so busy last week that I didn't get to share my favorite day of the year with you. September 24th... AKA The hubs and I's wedding anniversary.
The Card I made him this year.  

But that's not the only reason it's such a SPECIAL day!

Fall in general has a special place in my heart.  Besides it being just plain beautiful with all the leaves changing color and falling all over the yard like mother nature's confetti... it's just provided many special moments in my life.  My husband and I met in the fall...we got engaged in the fall...we got married in the fall.. we brought home our first child in the fall.  Lots of little Autumn blessings! Even before that I always just liked this time of year.  Chalk it up to cool breezes, sweaters, and football I guess.  


But September 24th... that's just a story all it's own.  As previously mentioned it's the day we got married. THE ONLY day (And we checked for Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays in September, October, and I think even November!) that was available in any place that I could bare to have a reception.  Our son was born in the beginning of September but due to some issues stayed at the hospital for a few weeks... and while we spent our anniversary in the hospital we got news we'd be bringing him home in just a couple more days!  And Finally... our lovely 2nd child.  Because of the complications with our son I was scheduled for ultrasounds every 3 WEEKS for my pregnancy with the 2nd.  And the had to be timed perfectly. So when it came time for the one where they could tell me the sex of the baby they only day they had available in the time frame I needed was... yup Sept 24th! So that was the day we found out we were going to have a beautiful daughter.  


Our Anniversary is the most special, perfect day ever... we don't just celebrate being a couple we celebrate being a family!


The inside of the card (before I wrote over EVERY INCH of it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment